Baby throwing up?

MY 5 month old has thrown up 3 times in his sleep. I've decided he's going to sleep with me tonight because the way he's gagging on it, I don't want him to choke. He's not spitting up, he's throwing up like a grown person does. Heaving, and sweating. He doesn't have a fever. I think it's a combination of the pool water from swimming today and the cereal before bed. I think I should have given him more time to digest it. Is it normal for a baby to throw up this way like an adult would? Should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would really keep a real close eye on him tonight and see what's up in the morning and if he is still vomiting then you may want to call his doctors office you want him to stay very well hydrated.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'd take him in to be looked at, it may be nothing but you never know. Also eating right before bed, anything other than formula and breastmilk, is not recommended. Try feeding him an hour and a half to two hours before bed that way he can burn it off by playing around and then have a bottle so his belly isn't full.

Also rice cereal is a carb so it is expanding in his belly, and it's not very nutritious anyway so it's pointless to give unless you want your baby to feel bloated every night
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2010