this is ridiculous! i cannot sleep- HELP!

so basically, i'm up around 7am... LONG day with my 4 year old son, 12 year old bro.. plus almost 2 hours at the gym.

its almost 4am, and i am still not sleeping!

tomorrow i have class from 5-11pm and i know i will be TIRED when it comes to that.. but i have the feeling that as soon as i get home, ready for bed- i wont be tired and i'll just lay in bed, wide awake.

how can i sleep? cant take meds b/c even half of a knock-off brand will have me knocked out for AT LEAST 30 hours straight (cant do that with a 4 year old around)... i've tried drinking water/milk, reading before bed, meditating- i HAVE to sleep with music (if the music is turned off during the night, i will wake up within 5 minutes), but its slow songs, i write my list of daily worries/stress so i dont have to think... what else is there?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Tried any lavender or chamoille teas? Or even an all natural sleep aide?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Have you ever ttried melatonin?
    it's a natural pill, you take like 100-500mg a day before bed and it gets you to sleep
    it releases a hormone in your brain to help you.

You cannot take it while pregnant or breastfeeding but totally safe otherwise

from my experience
    and I am a complete insomniac, it gets me to sleep for about 4 hours if I take 2 100mg pills, and then I take another one when I wake up and I get about 7-8hours of sleep. But im BF now so I can't but I totally recommend it.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• get some "Sleepy Time" tea... take a warm bath, lay in there and relax with some lavender in the water...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I can't sleep either, lol. Try maybe listening to soothing music as well or taking a long hot bath. Biggest thing is getting you relaxed and in a zone for sleepy time.
    MidwestWAHM

Answer by MidwestWAHM at 4:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i cant drink tea. just the idea is sickening to me (lol but honestly- i might even try it-- do they TASTE like tea? my only tea experience is green tea and that was nasty to me)..

i used a kroger brand sleep aid, half of the pill- which was 50 mg, I believe (100mg for the entire pill) and that had me sleeping for 30 hours straight. thankfully, it was the weekend and my dad was here to watch my son. dad wont be here this weekend and i dont think i can really do another pill without knowing for sure that someone is here to watch my son- just in case. can i pick that up at a regular grocery store/pharmacy? or do i need a prescription or something?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i really like the sleepy tea i think its good, and the warmth itself is relaxing. you can always add honey to it or something for taste....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• oh- the bath idea.. cant do baths either.. partially b/c i hate baths (soaking in dirty water- having dirty water by your yaahoo. lol- i havent had a bath since i was like 3, maybe even under that) but also b/c our bathtub is horrible- i try to clean it out/bleach it and stuff- but its still dingy from the hard water.. and the sealant is really bad (its supposed to be white- its black and peeling). i dont even allow ds to take baths b/c of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• its in a natural food store, like whole foods, or I think I found some in walmart...

no prescription and the pill is to get you to sleep not to keep you asleep, that's why I would always wake up and take another
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:17 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• you can by Melatonin in all different strengths. I have never seen it in as high doses as the previous poster, but I don't use it all that much, but it does work for me. I have always used 3 mg tablets myself.
    Here is a web address you can read a little about melatonin.

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/tc/melatonin-overview

Or just google melatonin, there is a lot of information available.

Good luck!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2010