Birthday Party Ideas!

My oldest son is turning 4 years old in August! We've always done a simple party at the house with family. I still want to keep it just family, but would like to do something a little bigger this year. We should have about 7 kids (ranging in ages though); almost 2, 2, 3, 4, 8, and 10 years old. I'd thought about going to this arcade place that has a play-land, and rides. Or just taking him on his own to this new water park that they just opened by our house. And then just doing a birthday party at the house again.

Apple_Pie2010

Asked by Apple_Pie2010 at 4:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter just went to a birthday party for her friend, it was a lady bug party and it was so neat! The mom had the kids plant flowers and then they made bug jars filled with live ladybugs. they came home with the jars and plants and instructions on caring for and releasing the lady bugs. I now have lady bugs all over my yard and the kids have been out hunting for more behind our house. My oldest son (12 y/o) even collected a jar of aphids to feed the lady bugs.

You could pick a theme and look for fun projects that go with it. Family fun always has great ideas.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• for my middle son, when he turned 4 (last year) we did i jungle party. I made the streamers out of paper bags. they looked like vines and then i added green construction paper leaves to it. I "borrowed" all of his stuffed animals to decorate the living room. I made a fishing game out of foam board that i decorated to look like the ocean, paper fish that i cut out, and a toy fishing pole. we also played feed the panda, for that i drew a giant panda head on poster board (with a huge opening for his mouth) glued it to a cardboard box. and i made the "food" (beanbags) out of a shirt i found at a garage sale for $0.25.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 4:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I had my twins second birthday at home. We rented a bouncer, and all the kids from not quite 2 to 13 had a lot of fun. It ended up being cheaper than taking everyone somewhere else too. We had cupcakes and cooloers full of Capri Sun and bottled water. The adults were able to sit in chairs and visit while the kids entertained themselves. It worked so well I'm thinking I'll probably do the same thing again this year. If all the kids were your son's age or older I'd suggest some party games, but it looks like several of the kids that will be attending the party are a little young for most organized games.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• you can never go wrong with the park am going to to have my girls party there in aug she is truning 4 also ..we are renting a bouncer and getting some 1$ water guns and making hot dogs we live in tx sooo its hot ...no matter what u do or plan its going to be great just have fun and enjoy
    nikki78045

Answer by nikki78045 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I agree with the other moms....pick a theme. What does you son like? What is he into? It's much easier to plan a party once you have a theme.
    SanDiegoMaxMom

Answer by SanDiegoMaxMom at 12:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We are going to meet up with some friends at a take-out place nearby that has a playground and an arcade out back. It's a lot of fun and the kids just love it. We will play on the playground, eat a small meal, and then give all the kids a couple of dollars in quarters to play a couple of games. Our son, who is turning 4, is so excited. Then on his actual birthday we will have a small cake at home with just family, since we always do a small family thing on their actual birthday.
    ToddlerBrain82

Answer by ToddlerBrain82 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i plan on taking my oldest to chuckee cheese's for his birthday in Oct. he'll be 4. i plan on having a few family members and maybe my cousin's son whose a few years younger. but when robin was younger, we just had small family bbqs with cake and presents.
    Fushithedruid

Answer by Fushithedruid at 3:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010