What to display in see through cabinets in kitchen?

I am so tired of my kitchen. I have it done in palm trees for he last couple of years and want something new. I have two cabinets over my sink that have shelves. What can I put in them besides plates on stands? They are removable so I could have something tall. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Maybe clear jars with different colored dry pasta/dry beans or similar dry food that coordinates with the colors in your kitchen. Or you could display a set of floral tea cups, transferware plates or serving pieces (that coordinate with your colors). If you like antiques, you could add antique replicas of common kitchen items, or a collection of antique replica boxes of cooking products--like flour, sugar, cake mix, spices, herbs, etc. Or a collection of antique cook books.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Colored plates maybe a dark & light color, something with some,"bang " to it, and follow it throughout your kitchen???I love decorating, it's nice to step back and look when I'm done.'Good Luck~!~
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You could put your cookbooks there if you have some nice ones, dried flowers in vases or just a collection of vases. Or, as a pp said, you could do different jars with different colors of pastas, antique cooking items / cookbooks, etc. You could also display bottles of infused oils or wine bottles - whether full or empty, or maybe some really nice stemware.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2010