OMG i cant believe he has the audacity to complain(language)

SO not more than 5 minutes ago my DH came to me and said "you know if you are going to stay home you can clean the house a little better" Effing ay man!!! I was suffering from a migraine this week!! trying to do homework and take care of a two year old and the house is fine!! i wash the effing dishes he leaves in the sink from dinner he cooks when i am in school and i dont even get leftovers to eat... i am dealing with hormone issues and trying to get on the right birth control pill to regulate them... i still perform my marital duties even though i suspect he cheated on me with an effing escort! ( ok so maybe that was a little uncalled for but i am upset) the house looks fine every effing day!! this week it was a bit more cluttered because i was not feeling well and he effing complains!! fargin icehole ...
and i know i am going to get bashers because i am the stay at home mom so i should clean...
continued

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• OP HERE
    cont
    and i just had to listen to advice from him on how to watch my DD and clean the house at the same time !!! this from a man who cant even open a door because he is holding the baby... and all the while i just had to say " i am sorry " and " you are right i will try better" because i am trying to be the better spouse and avoid an argument....
    and yes i am pissed and i have every right to vent my feelings here ..... i have to et them out somehow and somewhere so i can lay next to him in bed without any built up anger and not want to punch him or something!!!
    fargin icehole!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• well, as a SAHM you shouild maintain the home to the vary best of your ability, but, your hubby has no right to complain if he does nothing to help! He does not know what you go thru, and should be more sensitive to yuor needs! I am sorry! ANd I hope you do well in school, and get thru this :) Hope I wasnt mean!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If it were me I'd tell him how I felt. You can't expect him to know how to treat you if you don't tell him.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I suspect this is about more than how you keep the house. Could it be that he is feeling the added stress of being the sole provider for the family? Could it be that you never express appreciation to him for working so hard so that you can stay home? Could it be that you sometimes cut him down to size and he was just returning the favor? When he gets home from work this evening, if I were you I would calmly ask him to tell me exactly what he would like to see changed, not just about the home, but about the way your marriage is working. It takes a very brave woman to do that, and she needs to be prepared to hear the truth. Most of the time, when a man complains about the house, that's not really where the problem lies. Men don't usually speak about their feelings, so they will vent about something else just to let you know they are unhappy. A good wife learns to read between the lines, but it never hurts to ask directly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• wow to the first lady who said you should clean to the best of your ability....umm she just said she did. she didnt feel good so why must it be perfect? my man comes home and throws his junk all around like its no tomorrow, you wouldnt even think we owned a dirty clothes basket seeing how all his are thrown around everywhere, and he leave every dish, every sock, and every piece of paper right where he left it, so NO i am not going to be his maid and run behind him and clean everything to perfection so he can trash it later. also she is in school, so he should give her a break damnit and so should the rest of you.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would ask him what is going on and tell him how he makes you feel . I would sit down and prepare to hear as well as share. It sounds like you could both use some serious talking time. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2010