Rejecting my kiss...

The other day I was so happy and I was working. I felt giddy in love with my husband and couldn't wait to get off work to kiss and hug him. We've been together over 10 years so this is good right? I get home he's watching tv, I kiss him and his eyes stay on the tv then he puts one hand on each of my shoulders and pushes me away. I was immediately offended/hurt. I just walked away. He doesn't understand why I was upset and just says that he didn't want to kiss me. I felt stupid. I don't plan on allowing myself to get giddy about him anymore. We have a good marriage but sometimes I feel overly in love with him and his love is just like a low key consistant thing. Would you be mad if your SO did this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Sometimes men know how to take the wind out of our sails! I wouldn't take it personally. You should have gotten his undivided attention so he could share your moment. He was involved in the tv program. It may not have been right but it happens. Give him another chance but next time make sure he's connected with you. He didn't realize how important that kiss was or he'd have done a better job.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:21 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Is that the way he always responds to you in those kinds of situations? Or could it be that he was really interested in what he was watching, and you were not sensitive to that fact? To be honest, I would choose low key consistent love over one that runs hot and cold. I would also venture to say that there have been times when you were less than enthusiastic about some advance that he made on you. He more than likely has been made to feel just as stupid as he made you to feel on the day in question. I think you accept that you and he were simply not on the same emotional plane at that given moment, that you forget about it and roll on. Ever heard the expression about making a mountain out of a molehill? I think this incident probably qualifies and would best be dismissed and forgotten about. It is very possible that your husband was taken by surprise and simply reacted without analyzing how it might hurt your feelings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Wellll, I guess I would, but I've done this to my hubby before. When I'm pooped and trying to relax, and then I'm suddenly being attacked (lol, that's what it feels like when you're not expecting it) I usually don't respond too kindly. I also feel like a kiss from him is more him being in the mood, not just wanting to show me he loves me. Why don't you ask your hubby how he felt when you tried to kiss him?
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 8:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Let him know it made you feel stupid. You don't have to talk all that much & go into all kinds of detail like women like to do. Just tell him "that made me feel kind of stupid, i was all happy to see you then..wham..i get pushed to the side? Way to make your wife feel like shit" He needs to know it hurt you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Read the book, "The Five Languages of Love".
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 8:27 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Wow that must have sucked mine will not let me kiss him in public he is just like yours. I think if you want something more from him you should sit him down and tell him after all you are in the relationship as well.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2010