What is the freakin point?

if when a bump in the relationship is ment and the solution to the problem agreed byu both parties is the lack of communication. What exactly is the point when another problem arises and one party states there feelings about the specific topic trying to open the road of communication the other party doesnt listen (falls asleep) or has nothing to say how is the problem being resolved and how is communication being built? my feelings now is communication is total BS and the other party could give a rats A$$ how the other party feels.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• well hon i have no advice bc im in the same situation. me and SO and talked repeatedly about how we need to communicate more often. he has a problem with holding on yo all of his stress and anger, thinking that he is finding his own way of dealing with things, but then as soon as something sets him off he blows up about everything that has pissed him off. i could have said or done something 2 weeks ago and instead of telling me i was getting on his nerves right then he waits until we argue about something to bring it all up and blow up at me then. i try to sit and calmly explain my feelings out to him but he is not interested, he never has anything to say, and is hardly paying attention. but i feel that a lot of men are this way. so we have to be more creative and dramatic in order to get our point across, now i will flat out wrestle with mine if he isnt listening, which makes him laugh and he ends up hearing me out more.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would ask him again maybe when your both not so tired sit down and have a discussion about where you see your relationship going? I would also have a moment where you both share how you feel right now.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Non verbal communication speaks loudly. My SO is big about not discussing things but his non-verbal communication tells me all I want to know. It's taken me years to figure it out but some of it is pretty easy. Remember that men respond differently than women. They need more time to process so it goes on the back burner for a while. Give it a while and bring up the subject again. If he doesn't want to discuss it then, you know he doesn't find it important. The other C word comes in, Compromise. Compromise on what's important to work on & discuss. It helps eliminate a lot of relationship "clutter".

Answer by admckenzie at 9:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Men and women are so different. What you see as an issue may not be for him. Try talking to him when he's not tired. Set a time limit for the talk and stick to it. If he knows he has 10 minutes he might give you his attention more n that time.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010