body cleanse

Does anyone here know how to do a cleanse? Esp. one that you can do that doesn't leave you completely wiped out. I have four LOs to keep up with.

jreneei

Asked by jreneei at 9:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• There is no scientific evidince that this is beneficial and it can be harmful. I tried going on a liquid diet to prepare for some medical tests and became so messed up from it I had problems for 4 weeks and lost 12 pounds. I had problems taking care of one grandson every other day.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would not recommend doing a cleanse, they are nothing more than yet another weight loss gimmick that does not work. Our body does not need to be "cleansed" of toxins because our kidneys to that for us everyday. We aren't sitting here with toxins in our body nor do we have a bunch "gunk" backed up in our colons and so on. As for weight loss, all that you will lose is water which essentially means you are dehydrated and the water weight will come right back after you go back to actually eating food. Do some research online but make sure it is websites like webmd or something similar as a lot of websites look like they are legit but are really just a big advertisement for their product. Good luck and don't waste your money:)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i agree with anon. i did an organic vegetable juice fast for 10 days. i had no noticeable ill effects after, i just believe the digestive system , the liver and kidneys do a great job. just eat clean foods, nothing processed, no chemicals. eat tons of veggies!!!! cut the dairy and meat for a few days.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i did a 3 day cleanse.. it was great..i got to eat food and it actually left me feeling good..it wasnt one of those just juice ones.. i got mine for free.. if you want one let me know and i can give you the girls email address..
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 1:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010