What's your opinion about Welfare recipients using their benefits card to gambling in Las Vegas?

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-welfare-casinos-20100624,0,6190326.story?track=rss

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• hazel, a woman having her hair and nails done you have no clue who paid for it. Maybe that is the first time has ever gotten it done maybe for a friends wedding (the friend paid) maybe she has an older DD that said "hey mom you need a day at the spa let me take you." You have NO clue! Oh and you can not be on PA for over 5 years I think in some states unless you have another child. Oh and OP as a person on PA I think this is sooooo wrong!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am not ok with people using the money they receive from the people of the US to gamble. If you want to gamble, fine. Get a job and use that money. Don't use the peoples' money to gamble. That isn't what it is for. If they win, they need to pay back all the money they used from welfare. I mean, they gambled with the peoples' money, so the winnings belong to the people (government).

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Stupid is as stupid does!
    Those that use welfare as it was intended will grow and become self-sufficient and have a great life. Their time on welfare will be well spent gaining education, job skills or just getting over a bump in the road. For many, working their way up from a low paying job to one that pays a sustainable wage is the key and if they need some help in the interim-that's what the system is for. Those that abuse the system will continue to live on the system with no hope for a better life. Eventually welfare runs out and when the kids are grown and gone, they will end up in low cost housing or retirement homes that would make you cringe.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• What an amazing coincidence - someone gets their anon and immediately the PA bashing kicks in. Wow. Good thing they made all these changes!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Please....no more questions about Welfare,okay ? I don't know anything about welfare and I don't want to learn about it. And it gets so tiresome when moms start bullying and bashing. It is just not right.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Agreed. ^
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I remember one time, on MTV, a rap star actually let the camera man follow him to cash a welfare check. Can you fucking believe that? I don't remembr which rap start it was, but that's just fucking ridiculous. I so wanted to "bust a cap in his ass".
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Please....no more questions about Welfare,okay ?

I know it can get frustrating but if people should be aware of the misuse of the tax money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• what about all the other misuses of their tax money? there are millions of stupid things the govt does with our money so find something else to bash someone on today please
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• and ginntonic, as much money as some rapper have you think they would still qualify for a welfare check?!?! no i dont think so
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2010