Mass Amnesty for the nation's 11-18 million illegal aliens. Will President Obama make this possible?

"Rosemary Jenks, director of government relations with Numbers USA, said she's been hearing for weeks from "sources close to the Democratic leadership" in both chambers that administration officials are discussing whether the Department of Homeland Security could direct staff to grant "amnesty" for all illegal immigrants in the country.

"They're trying to figure out ways around a vote," she said.

"Any attempt to force an amnesty on the American people using this underhanded method smacks of despotism," reads the fax the group is urging supporters to sign.

The White House has not responded to a request for comment."

foxnews.com

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• hahahah this isn/t going to happen.

I mean they may pass it.. but it won't work that way.
    I thinkt he MAJOR issue with illegals is the drug use, drug trafficking, coyotes, and gun trafficking.....

people getting killed for no reason
    its hurting TONS and THOUSANDS of people.

so making them pay taxes isn't going to help, its going to give them more access and an "ok" to be here causing above problems to rise
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), David Vitter (R-La.), Jim Bunning (R-Ky.), Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.), Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.), James Inhofe (R-Okla.), and Thad Cochran (R-Miss), have sent a letter to the White House asking for clarification on the issue:

Read the letter

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We did it before in 1986.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:17 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think it's a good idea. I like Central Americans & if they all paid taxes, that would be a really big help.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:17 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I also think it is a good idea, those taxes will surely help. Then focus on the ones yet to arrive.

Answer by older at 10:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• if they all paid taxes, that would be a really big help.

It has been argued by some of the more liberal women on here that they do pay taxes, yet they get no refunds or benefits of being a citizen.  If this is true and they are paying in to our tax system through payroll taxation under a fake or stolen Identity, once they are citizens they will also be entitled to tax refunds.  That won't help us at all.  how about we boot all of them back to where they came from - all over the globe - pay a little more for our own products and support our natural born citizens first? 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• gosh. we already pay waay to much for just about everything here. Most illegals i know here in GA pay no taxes. My ex has a landscaping busuness & all his friends in the business dont report their illegals working for them. Alot of illegals don't pay taxes because if they do, they have to be 1099'ed which screws them up big time. Anyway, this was the issue with my ex & all his illegal employees.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Anyway, this was the issue with my ex & all his illegal employees.

Good to know he is part of the problem.  Some of our tax money comes from the employers since they have to match the federal income tax.  Oh well, I guess we can't all follow the laws and be moral.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I strongly believe he will try everything he can to make this possible.

It was wrong in 1986, and it is even more wrong now.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• and how the hell can oyu give illegals a "pass"

its ILLEGAL the label itself explains it all.

wtf
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2010