What's a good gift for an 18-month old boy?

bcraine

Asked by bcraine at 10:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My favorite gifts that my son ever gets are the educational ones. He just got a really neat Alphabet Train for his 1st birthday. It has an option for them to sit and ride on it or stand behind it and push it. And on the side it has a place for the letters to match up with a book. I love it and my son does as well.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 10:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Little People Plane
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Big plastic ball, beach ball, dump truck, shopping cart.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:17 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• momluvsmiles,
    My son has that alphabet train also. He loves his too.
    OP,
    I like the educational gifts also, those and the ones that are going to last for a while, you know toys that will be played with for a long time rather than looked at once or twice, lay in the toy box for 6 months and then go into the yard sale pile next time I decide to clear out for new things. Right now my son is 15 months old and he is really into toy tools, especially the ones that make noise. Also he got a toy kitchen about a month ago that he has played with almost non-stop. Also my son has a battery powered 4-wheeler that he rides around a lot.
    If you are looking for a cheaper gift, the color-wonder markers and paper are fun. They can color as much as they want without you having the fear that it is going to get on the couch, or on the walls or all over the child.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My 19 month old son has a Leapfrog My Pal Scout that he loves. It's a soft stuffed puppy dog that you hook up to the computer and program it with his name, favorite songs, food, animal, etc. and then it remembers all that stuff and incorporates it into the things he says. He has lots of phrases, and when it's naptime/bedtime Scout will play 10 minutes of lullaby music that helps him sleep. He loves it! (And it's fairly inexpensive!)
    Also - you pretty much can't go wrong with balls. My son also loves the Shake N Go cars.

Answer by missanc at 1:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• There are LOTS of inexpensive gifts kids that age cling to, like Hot Wheels or toy trains. My son has these monster trucks that are a bit bigger than Hot Wheels if the size of the little cars are a bit scary.

There are lots of typical toys: blocks, kitchen magnet letters, crayons and coloring book, small balls. Little instruments also go great for a little boy, but the parents generally don't appreciate the extra noise. ; )
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 1:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010