Should we get a Wii?

We are considering getting a Wii. Are they as fun as what I hear they are? Do you have fun on yours?

Anyone have the Wii Fit board---I am interested in that, too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• dont have the wii fit, but i do play my wii daily. my 6 year old likes to play the sports games!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• oh but i forgot to add, that playstation 3 and xbox 360 will be coming out with their own versions of wii so you may want to wait bc their may be better, the xbox is called kinex, go to youtube to look at the previews for it, your whole body is the controller!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My husband bought me the Wii for Christmas. I have used it maybe 10 times and the last time being in February! I find I don't have the time for it. My son is 22 months old so he doesn't play it yet. If my son was older, I think I would use it more but right now it's just too hard.

I'm also pregnant (Found out in February) and I'm always exhausted so that could be a reason too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My 7 year old loves the Wii. We considered buying an Xbox or Playstation 3 but they did not have as many kid friendly games as the Wii. My son doesn't play it everyday since he is usually outside but on rainy days and snowy days he enjoys it. If you are buying it for just the kids I would say it is a great choice. If you or your husband are into gaming at all you might not care for it.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• The wii is great for kids, everyone I know that has one that has kids, gets regular use out of it. We have a wii and we barely use it but we also have a PS# and lately, all we have been using the PS3 for is netflix. The Wii is fun though. We even have the wii fit. Its great if you can adhere to a schedule.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• we LOVE our Wii! we've had it about 3 years now and we use it everyday for Netflix (they can stream movies straight to your Wii!). we had the Wii Fit board but we were too fat for it and cracked it. if you are overweight get the Wii Active; one its cheaper and two you can do all the activities on the floor. the Fit board makes you stay super still and focuses more on your center of balance than if you are doing the moves right. we also have Band Hero for the Wii and is super fun!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I love our Wii!! It gets you active and family can all interact together. The Wii Fit board is good if you are going to do some exercising & such, but isn't really necessary.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We love our Wii too. We have the Wii fit and the kids love playing the games on there. We have family bowling tournaments in which my 6 year old always beats me. My girls are 6 and 7 and we play it about once a week for a couple of hours. Me and my husband play it after they go to bed or while they are in school and we always compete with each other to get the #1 spot on the Wii fit games. I also have a PS3 and an Xbox. The kids do not enjoy those as much as the Wii.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We LOVE our Wii. My 6 year old SD plays it every single day and loves it. We also have Wii Fit, its a lot of fun and keeps you motivated to keep going (SD even likes playing that). Whenever my 2 BIL's are over the 3 boys are always playing games on it and the PS3 and XBOX 360 hardly get used except for stuff the Wii doesn't have (not a lot). I would say get one!! They are a lot less expensive than when we got ours wen it first came out... and we still play it as much as we did the first week!
    lilmisbeachbum

Answer by lilmisbeachbum at 11:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2010