They dont care if my baby's are exposed to lead?

Long long story short. Law passes that if you have lead in your home (which mine is) and you arte having a contractor do work they must (1) be certified to work with lead (2) follow guidelines when it comes to proper disposal and clean up of lead. ...With that said 4 days of working in our home we walk into the biggest mess you have ever seen. Dust, chunks of wall everywhere. They have not cleaned up one thing properly. And they left a 15 by 20 foot pile of debris (lead) on our front yard for 2 days the neighbor said. Now we have to hire a professional cleaning crew (I have an nb and a 3 year old) to come clean this up. Only problem is I can’t find one. Anyone know what to do or where to look. So stressed.... Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• If nothing else, you should report them to the Better Business Bureau. I'm sure there's also some sort of government agency you can report them to, since they broke the law.

Are they still working on the house or have they finished? If they're still working, you might not be able to report them for legal reasons, but the BBB is for reporting businesses you aren't satisfied with, so you can do that either way.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• screw that, if nothing else you should be calling the damn company who made the mess. they arent following the law, and i would make sure that they knew about it, i bet that they would have their asses back cleaning that mess free of charge or i would take it to court and get the money you paid them back!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I was in Sherwin Williams the other day and they were saying that every contractor needs certification now and that the fines are HUGE. Call the company and tell them that if they don't fix it NOW that you will put them out of business with federal fines. And then find out how to turn them in. Wish I knew, but after google I would go to your local paint store. It shouldn't be that hard to find the answer since it is all the talk of the industry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2010