Define your parenting style.

No bashing just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• i dont have a defined style i dont think. im really laid back and kind of lazy but i do discipline, and i use ALL forms of discipline depending on the severity of the situation. i like for my kids to learn and play and explore on their own, i dont like to be the center of their attention all the time, so i try to get them to play with their stuff by themselves. i am very protective and wont let them out of my sight, i think that they should be well behaved in public but they are allowed to run around and be silly at home. temper tantrums/talking back result in immediate punishment (sent to room to lie down until calm), not listening//paying attention usually a pop on the rear to get their attention. my children are fairly well behaved (my 6 year olds onl problem is talking too much lol) so i think i have done very well.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Attachment parenting as babies. Free-range, open parenting as children/young adults.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• lol... thats tough. i let my girls be kids... they get to run around and play... and if it's in a safe environment (church) i give them plenty of space to be independent. i don't coddle them... if they get hurt, and i know that they are fine, i'll kiss them and tell them to shake it off. they aren't overly dramatic about getting hurt like plenty of kids i see.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 10:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am a modern momma. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I was brought up in a military household my father dropped the coin on the bed, we did not eye him and corporal punishment was the order of the day. I would consider my parenting style not as severe as my dads but my kids learning was the focus of it. I did with them. Anything I knew I shared with them if I did not know we learned together. So maybe free range is more my style.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I guess many would consider me to be an AP mom. I pretty much agree. I'm sure there are things that I do that are NOT considered AP but for the most part, I am.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2010