Would it be wrong to get rid of almost all of my 2 year old's toys?

He only plays with the toys that play music and he cars and sometimes his baby and dishes. So I was thinking about only keeping those things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I box up about half the kid's toys and store them in the attic for about 3 months. They totally forget about them and when I bring them out again it's like a box of all new toys! They are busy for hours playing with their "new" things. You might want to try that if you have the space.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I sort through my dds alot. exspecially around birthdays and christmas. I say go for it, they dont need that many toys at that age, mine usually ends up playing with household items anyway:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You know, we are putting our house up for sale and I am thinking of packing up a majority of them and when we move, only bringing out a few but I would try to make that a together thing for you and your 2 year old - maybe box it up for good will and tell him you are bringing your toys to other kids who need them, I wouldn't just take them away
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Not wrong at all. We go through our daughter's toys about once a month and wittle it back down to the two totes and give away or sell the others.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• shoot. i went through my girls' playroom and threw away a BUNCH of toys... they still have entirely too many. my girls don't even go into the playroom! if he doesn't play with them, give them to a homeless shelter or a low income area?
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 11:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think that that is your decision! As long as you AREnot doing it to be mean, why not?
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'd suggest donating them or freecycling them if you can.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:09 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am always going through toys, and the ones that haven't been played with in a couple of months are always put in yard sale /give away pile. When kids are at a young age like that what they like changes very often. Have you thought about putting them on Craigslist or ebay? Then you can use the money you get out of them toward some new toys that your little guy will like better.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We go through our son's toys about twice a year. We only keep the things that are in really good shape or that we rotate in and out. I don't think it is wrong, just keep in mind, it is good to rotate them too.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:12 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• As long as it's not in a malicious manner, hecks no! If he doesn't play with them, he'll never miss them!
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2010