taking an 8 month old to the zoo and sunscreen question

if i cover this baby head to toe with 50 spf sunscreen for kids (all i have, no money to go buy another brand) will she be okay to be in the sun for a few hours?? she will be held or in the stroller or in the ergo. can she go in a onesie? will she get burnt?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 11:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did that with my daughter, who is two. She wears 50 SPF and it lasted her at the zoo for about 3 hours before I reapplied. No burn or anything.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:09 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• She will be fine for a few hours. Even in a onesie. And SPF after 30 is pretty much all effective, no need for a higher number.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• She shoud be okay. Bring a hat along to protect her eyes and scalp.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• She would be fine with the kid sunscreen, just reapply it after a little bit. It won't last for the whole time. I'd reapply it once or twice during the day. A onsie should be fine.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• she should be fine. Just make sure to keep an eye on her and reapply every couple of hours. have a great time!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:09 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• She'll be fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes. If you feel she may get burned you can always re apply the sunscreen. Although i think she will be fine :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Your best sun protectors are wide brimmed hats, long sleeved/legges loose light clothing, shade and stay out of the sun the hottest peak hours between 11 and 2.

I'm not a sunscreen advocate unless direct sun cannot be avoided with shade, like on a beach.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010