My hair

I got my hair washed and cut from a new salon and I think she put something bad in my hair this was about 3 and a half weeks ago. My scalp still bothers me and my hair feels wierd. What should i do? I have a 9 month and a 16 yr old and i feel that this is getting me depreesed. I know its just hair but it has my mind messed up. I need some support!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Try head and shoulder it's works really great on the scalp.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Call the salon and let them know what you are experiencing and ask of a complete lists of the products they used. Perhaps you are allergic to something in one of the products. They may know how to help you.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 11:21 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Sure. Use a good clarifying shampoo in case it was a product that has created a build up in your hair. Use a good clarifying shampoo once a week. Then I would recomment a good conditioning treatment, such as It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask. Use that after every shampoo, leave on 10-15 minutes to moisturize and repair.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:21 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It is perfectly normal to get upset about hair. It is a part of you. If I could give you a "you are not alone charm" I would.
    CarolBeazeman

Answer by CarolBeazeman at 11:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It may be an allergic reaction to the products they use. I'm sure by now most of what they used have washed away, however call the salon to see what products they used so you know to stay away from it in the future.

I wouldn't use head and shoulders or any store brand dandruff shampoo. If you have an itchy and flaky scalp see a salon professional or a doctor. Dandruff is a contagious disease, that over the counter shampoos typically only cover (mainly with tar).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:27 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• what about the towels there !! do u think salons took a good care of the towels like sanitize them
    mamishad

Answer by mamishad at 11:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• The chemicals might have burned your scalp especially if she put a conditioning treatment on you that had something you were unknowingly allergic to in it. I would call and ask them exactly what they put on your head and look into what you can do to repair the hair. A glossing treatment might help. You can get them done for about $25 in a salon or the $6 box of clear shine hair color from Target is just as good.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010