Have you ever started a playgroup?

How did you go about it? How did it turn out?

nkkk07

Asked by nkkk07 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• i tried... didn't work out so well... but then, no one showed up for my 4 year old's birthday party, either...
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 11:27 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• So sorry! :(
    nkkk07

Comment by nkkk07 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes, I ran one when my son was much younger. It was specifically for children on the Autism Spectrum b/c I wanted my son to know he wasn't the only one. It worked out very well for both the kids & the parents b/c we got to socialize, too, plus there was a nice exchange of information about available resources. To get it started, I posted to message boards and posted notices at the local library & on the bulletin board at the grocery store. We started meeting at the local McD's playspace once a month, then, once we were established as a group, I got a local church to donate space for us to meet, which was better.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010