How did we ever manage WITHOUT CafeMom?!

I came here almost 3 years ago, looking to chat with and get advice from other moms dealing with more than one child on the Autism Spectrum, and was surprised to find over 10,000 moms JUST in the ASD groups--and they were of the same mindset I was--not blaming something or someone--but wanting help and advice nonetheless!

I soon branched out, and actually started becoming a support for OTHER moms dealing with the same issue--and it really helped me to process, and deal with the hand my husband and I were dealt!

So THANK YOU CafeMom, for providing all moms with a "niche" and a group to call their "own" a place to "fit in," and a support system!

Does anyone else feel the same way?! :o)

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 11:29 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOL...I do. And I love the new section...hopefully it will weed out crazies.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• lol i came here around the same time and had trouble with breastfeeding and found a group here that helped me so much now i'm a pro at it XD
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 11:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I've been here for about 2 years - I think - and I didn't come for any specific reason. I stumbled on it by accident, and it immediately became a place to escape to. As a SAHM of an infant (at the time) I was sorely lacking in adult interaction.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I've been here for a little over a year now - I love having my own thing to do...even if it is on the web. It's so nice to be able to chat with other moms that are similar to myself.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 12:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010