Are you the strict parent or the lenient one? Explain...

I know I get on my husbands nerves cause Im always telling him what hes doing wrong as far as parenting. He knows Im not perfect either and I even catch my self doing things I tell him not too lol but over all Im the much more lenient parent then my husband. Now our three yr old runs to me every time he gets in trouble by daddy. I just tell him to listen to daddy and thats all there is to it.But trust me if I feel like my husband is wrong I will tell him probably not how I have been which is in front oof our three yr old .

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:29 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• yea thats why he runs to you, you have shown him that daddy doesnt know what he is talking about. just support your hubby and find a better way to phrase what you want him to do. or else he will think he doesnt know what hes doing either and will start looking to you for all the answers since his are always wrong
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Somewhere in the middle. I have been told I'm strict, but i have also been told that i am lenient. I guess it has to do with the circumstance.

Crap, can we not spell check anymore? Man, I'm screwed...LOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:31 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am the leinient one. LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Hmm that's a hard one for me, sometimes I feel like the more laid back one. Other times I feel like the strict one. And that is because dad works so much, when he's here he feels bad about not seeing them as much as he'd like so he lets certain things roll by....HOWEVER on the flip side when he is here, he's telling me I'm not hard enough on them. I think I am.....I think I balance it as well as I can.....Asking me though I think he's the more laid back one...
    MamaCharity

Answer by MamaCharity at 11:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'm strict but I don't use punishment.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'm the strict one! I was a SAHM for 8 years--I can't even imagine what would happen if I didn't set boundaries and rules for our children!
    However, my husband has ALWAYS had my back, and has supported me in enforcing the rules I've set. We would chat throughout the day while he was at work so he knew what was going on, who was in trouble, etc., and when he got home, addressed the issues with our boys! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You guys really need to come up with a compromise when it comes to disciplining or your son will learn how to manipulate you two. Look like he already has.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:34 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am the lenient one too.
    However, I never question my husband's parenting in front of my son. I feel like that just undermines his authority with my son, and if he did that to me, I would be mad!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'm the strict one.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 12:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We are the opposite. I am the strict one. I think that is because I am home all day with them and enforce all the rules. When daddy comes home from work, it is play time. And dh does allow them to do things that I tell them all day not to do, such as touch things, climb on things but I just let it go. Usually I am cooking dinner or doing something with the baby so I try not to even watch what they are doing. He only sees them a couple of hours in the evening before bed so I don't want to make that time not fun, hope that makes sense.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010