Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Not a "miracle" baby

I am due to in about 3 mos. The baby was unplanned as he supposly couldn't have children ( car injur he recently got married now his wife is pregnant. My problem is he doesnt want anything do with our baby. It hurts as I know that his new baby will get everything his family and hers has. I don't have family and I would like my child to have relatives. My question is how do I move pass this it's

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • Did you know he had another close girlfriend?

    Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • Every baby is a miracle. It IS NOT this baby's fault that you picked a man that was involved with another woman to be it's daddy. I also feel sorry for your baby. But as far as support goes, you need to take him to court. If he helped create this baby, then he needs to help support it.

    Answer by TimandMely4ever at 11:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • I think you didn't finish asking your question...But I think you should tell his wife if you haven't already and all the rest of his family if they don't know. And then sue for child support if they aren't willing to help other wise.

    Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • Prove that it's his?

    You can do a DNA test after the Baby is born. I was told I couldn't have kids and I'm working on my 3rd! Children, planned or not
    ( which we call God-Planned) are ALWAYS a miracle. Does his wife know about you? Are you friends with her? His other child IS your Baby's sibling and they SHOULD know each other. I have a half-sister who I didn't meet until I was 16. Don't let your Baby miss what I did!

    Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • You made a mistake by getting pregnant with this man. If you don't need his money and he won't do anything to try to see your baby, move far away before your baby is born and have a "do over" just you and your baby.

    If he will want to see the baby or you need the money file for custody, support, and to set up a visitation schedule the day after you get home from the hospital. He could try to take the baby from you and even get support. The court could give him the baby.

    If you can't get over the guy on your own, go to counseling.

    Answer by Gailll at 11:41 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • I agree with PP.

    Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • I would move on and take care of yourself and the baby. I would also have sometime by myself to find out what my next move was. GL Momma

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • ok, you can do dna testing when he/she is born and if he still chooses not to be involved in the child's life, there really isn't anything you can do about it. It's sad to say but yeah he can't be forced to see him. All the courts can do is make him pay child support. I mean, really, I know it was an accident, maybe. I don't know the whole story behind y'alls relationship but most times, if the husband really wants to stay with the wife, he's going to do whatever it takes to keep her, even if that means ignoring his child.

    Answer by DaGoodLife at 1:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • Sue him for child support, make some really great friends and make them a family for your child, if he won't let your child know his or her sibling there's not much you can do about it, but you can be the best mom possible and not let him ruin the best family relationship your child can have; the relationship with mom.

    Answer by heratyc at 1:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.