Is my baby's diaper too tight or too loose?

My baby girl is 1 month old and i'm guessing weighs about 8lbs...20" long: a week ago i stopped using newborn diapers (I used Pampers & Huggies) because they squoze around her waist too much and when she would pee...it would leak out onto her side(s). I just moved her up to a size 1 and am using Pampers and they seem too big around her legs even though she has the red marks from the diaper and her pee is STILL leaking out of the sides ONLY (not the front or back)...I heard that Huggies leak and that's why I'm using Pampers but even those are leaking...I don't know what else to do to keep this girl dry!!

PeruvianMami954

Asked by PeruvianMami954 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just pull the diapers up and fold them, before or after fastening? Or get papers little movers
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 11:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Have you tried Luvs? My son always leaked in both pampers and huggies and the Luvs do great for him they are also cheaper :)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• make sure they're tight enough around the legs. and make sure the little leg ruffles are outside the diaper.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 11:41 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I've never had good luck with Pampers, when we used disposible we always used Huggies. No leaks, no chemical burns. We now use cloth and that may be somethign you could look into.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• 7th generation
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• keep trying diff diaper brands... i had to play around abit and still do as my daughter grows. i loved pampers at first ..the swaddlers then liked the cruisers now i hate pampers the only diapers that do her good are parents choice from walmart.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Pull them up high and tight when you close them. Pampers were always good for me. I never used newborn size.
    It sounds like you have the right size. Huggies always leaked for me. I think you have to make sure the legs aren't
    loose and the ruffles are outside when you put them on.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I've never had any troubles with leaking out of the sides... I would try some different brands of diapers... we tried just about every diaper out there in search of ther perfect fit for my son. We use Luvs and they work wonderfully.
    I don't like huggies because they leak out of the top with my son.
    Also I would change her more often so the diapers don't get as soaked.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have always used huggies and never had a problem. Give them a try :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You cannot go just by what others say... your daughter is going to be different than others. I've used Huggies for 6 years now, 3 children- we have a leak every once in a while, but they are still my brand of choice. Try a few brands and see for yourself...
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2010