Was I rude?

My mom was babysitting an 8 year old girl for the night. She's like family we have known her since she was a baby. She was taking a bath with my 2 year old son when my 6 year old nephew walked in. He asked where the other 2 were. I said in the bath so don't go in. My sister said well why not? I just I don't think he needs to see the 8 year old naked. She said I don't want nudity to be a big deal. I said OK but maybe she doesn't want him to see her... And she didn't. But my sister was all huffy after that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• yea, not ok for him to see her naked
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Not rude at all!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 11:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• No. IMO,girls at 8 are learning to be self conscious of their bodies. i think she would have been appaled for a boy to be in the bath with her!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• lol I think your sister is over reacting. If she makes nudity a big deal then the kids will go out of their way to see it.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I dont think you were rude at all. The 8 year old girl is probably at the age where she is very aware of people looking at her, especially a young boy close to her age!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't think you were rude, but I do think it was a bit rude of your sister to assume the girl wouldn't mind your nephew just walking in on her while she was in the bath.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You were not rude at all! It's not about nudity, it's about privacy and respect. No, we don't want to make nudity such a big deal that kids seek it out to see what all the fuss is about, but bath time for an 8 year old girl is private time. It's perfectly acceptable to expect a 6 year old to respect the fact that the girl is taking a bath and doesn't want others (other than an adult) in there.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• No, you were not rude at all. I would not want a young boy seeing my 8 year old naked, because she is old enough now to feel embarrassed abou that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You were not rude.
    marklorna

Answer by marklorna at 12:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Not rude, it was up to the 8 yr old to decide if she wanted anyone to come in and see her in the bath.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010