Sharp peircing pain in ovary

Yesterday for about 2 hours I was having massive sharp pains in my right ovary off and on, it happened about 15 times, each time I would have to bend over in horrible pain. Ive been suspecting Im pregnant, because Ive been having menstrual like cramps for a couple weeks now and my period isnt due for about a week. Any advice or suggestions? Has this ever happened to you? Could it be a sign of pregnancy? Thankyou!

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 11:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It can be. My pains felt more like dull achey pains...not sharp pains. But it could have been implantation too, I have heard that can be sharp pains.

Good Luck!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You may have a cyst on your ovary. They hurt pretty bad when they burst, but are usually harmless. If it continues, I would suggest calling your doctor.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Ovulation? You ovulate 2 weeks before your period. If you are irregular it could be ovulation.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• When I was having pain on one side to the point where I couldnt get out of bed I ended up having a huge cyst on the ovary, painful very but generally harmless, I called my dr anyway to be checked out especially since DH and I were TTC- I dont know what an ectopic feels like or where that pain is but I wanted to make sure it wasnt that!!
    mommyto3rugrats

Answer by mommyto3rugrats at 3:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010