Anyone had torn cartilage in knee?

has anyone had this? Medicines, cold compress and eleveting is not working. They want to operate. Anyone had this type operation? What kind of out come?
Thanks,
Tammy

bluedaze1122

Asked by bluedaze1122 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Health

• what we did was we went gerson we went to a center for a week and it helped and we did epsion salt on it and hot compresses and massages
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• If it's an arthroscopy it is same day surgury; quick recovery; maybe some Physical Therapy. The scope is used to view and remove/repair the cartiledge. I haven't had it but I have recovered many patients and know many who have had it done.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 11:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I've had torn cartledge but since i'm not athletic anymore i chose to forgo the surgery. I took shock treatments at a physical therapist. Then i used a cold pack in between.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Thanks for the info. I guess I will see what the doc has to say ont he 17 of July. I had a MRI done and they told me to stay off of it ( like you can really do that for 3 weeks) and gave me prednisone and also to apply ice. The swelling has gone down some but it has sharp pains shooting down my calf and it gets stiff.
    Thanks to all again,
    Tammy
    bluedaze1122

Answer by bluedaze1122 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• no
    deliela

Answer by deliela at 6:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2008