Natural stress relievers?

Anybody know of any herbal concoctions that will help with anxiety or something that will give me more energy. Let me know if they worked for you. I think I am exhausted all the time because of the stress...which just adds more stress to my life. Thanks!

ashisamom

Asked by ashisamom at 12:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Health

• What works best for me (Was diagnosed with PTSD a couple of years ago.... LONG story):
    Lots of sunshine- Open up your blinds, get natural light! Get some unprotected sun, it's the best source of vitamin D.
    Take a walk- Seriously, the simple change of environment lends its self to exploration, positive mood, energy, etc. When I am stressed I take a walk before I become overwhelmed. (and I have 3 kids- they all walk with me)
    Stay hydrated- Believe it or not, this one is HUGE, and affects our mood on every level. Our bodies become distressed by lack of hydration, and react poorly to everything else.
    At night, try 'Kava Kava', 'Valerian', 'Catnip', 'Linden', or a preparation containing any of the previous combo (google those- they all have milkd sedative properties, and are wonderful for easing stress!)

I hope you find what works, but only you can do it- Just getting sun makes a huge difference for me. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Chamomile oil dabbed on your wrists and rubbed in will produce a calming effect. Lavender sprayed on your sheets to help you sleep better.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• No herbal ones but Yoga is great for stress.

Answer by older at 12:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• eating right and exersize.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• lavender and chammomile
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Meditating, and definately exersize. I also try to spend alone time in nature. It helps me think and relax. Bubble baths are good too
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 12:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I alwasy wondered that too for my poor mom who suffers from stress all the time.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Guiding relaxation
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Walking, jogging, regular exercise, sex, relaxation tapes, music, journaling, believe it or not laundry is relaxing for me. Taking a bath, with candles, lavender sented ones are best.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 12:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Was going to say Lavender and chamomile, but someone beat me to it. :D also, if you have stress related stomach trouble, mint is very good for that.
    Sheacat

Answer by Sheacat at 1:38 PM on Jun. 24, 2010