swollen gums in pregnancy?

any ideas to help it go down? it does not hurt...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eat more calcium....MY gums were bad swollen and bleeding a lot during pregnancy it was my body needing calcium and taking it from the main places that had it (teeth)...

my dr told me to eat more cheese, yogurt.. milk (but i dont drink milk) pretty much anything having calcium in it! Try it out hope you feel better!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Mine have been bleeding, havent noticed any swelling really though. Swishing with warm salt water makes them feel better :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I agree with the pp. Salt water helps. :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yeahhh, salt water and maybe try getting some toothpaste for sensitive teeth and gums? I used sensodyne when I was prego cause I had swollen gums and toothaches during my pregnancy.
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Have you been to the dentist? It's recommended that you go during pregnancy, just let them know ahead of time that you are pregnant so they don't do xrays. Using mouthwash helped with mine (I used Biotene because I generally have a dry mouth)

Answer by missanc at 1:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010