Anyone else notice the new Answers has resulted in a ton of brief, senseless responses?

It seems with everyone trying to earn credits that there are even more pointless questions with silly answers than before. :(

ThrivingMom

Asked by ThrivingMom at 12:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• once everyone earns the max amount of credits the answers will get better.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 12:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yup! Sad really!

Wait... that is exactly what you were talking about :p I guess we are all guilty of it today. :p
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• And have you noticed that you dont seem to be getting any real response from from Cafemom people except to brush off any concerns or thoughts that go against this? Like WE ( their consumers....) are are just being silly and need to just get over it. THAT is starting to tick me off...
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yeah but sadly I am one of them lmao. Not asking questions but just answering them.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think the biggest problem is too many silly questions - some to get to 5 questions for points, and some just to ask things about the new design. We are likely going to change the system so you only get points for one question a day - that should fix the problem. As for the second problem, I imagine that will go away in a day or two.

Most real questions still seem to be getting good answers.

And we're absolutely not ignoring anyone. I have personally responded to dozens of questions trying to point people in the right direction and fix issues. I'm sorry if you feel that way, but I've been sitting at my desk doing nothing but answering questions for the last 90 minutes.
    Cafe PJB

Answer by Cafe PJB at 12:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• LOL. I haven't noticed any difference. I usually do see brief and senseless answers at Cafe Mom everyday. This is nothing new.
    SO, what good is it to post a bunch of answers? Trying for points? Ha.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yep, there is going to be a lot of spam for a while.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 1:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• well i think that after the buzz dies down and people start maxing out points that they will actually take more time to give a good answer seeing as how we get credit for being chosen as best answer or for getting a vote up
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes!

Answer by older at 2:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If they keep this system then the initial scramble will die down and it will become the new norm.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010