The movie Shutter Island,o.k.,so the end,was he really crazy or not???????lol

sheri305

Asked by sheri305 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Entertainment

• Lol, I was a little confused too! He really was crazy and after they "cured" him in the tower he knew it but he just pretended to be crazy so they would labotomize him because he didn't want to have to live with what him and his wife had done.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I liked it,it was a bit confusing,but I got what was going on,in the story,so it was not that crazy
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• yes, he was really crazy...his wife really killed the children, and herself (if memory serves correctly), and because of that he went crazy. but you don't know it until the end of the movie. somewhere in there they tell him what really happened and how he is the person that he was "talking' to..the unidentified patient, and that letting him run wild around the institution was a test to see if he had regained his sanity.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 12:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i was beyond impressed with shutter island. i'm a very tough movie critic and with thrillers there is maybe one that comes out every few years that really blows my mind and shutter island absolutely blew my mind. i can usually see what is going to happen at the end of the movie but with this one i can honestly say i did not see the end coming at all. it was very well written and put together and i loved it to say the least
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I read the book. I have not seen the movie yet but in the book he really was insane and they did that experiment to see if it would cure him and he was starting to have a break through but quit because he didn't want to believe it was really his wife that killed his children. They tried the experiment first to see if it could 'cure' him without having to do the labotamy.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 1:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I just watched the movie last night. It was a very good movie but it was imprortant to focus on everything. I ending was a bit craZy
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I liked the movie ...but the ending was wack lol.... I like the plot tho....but .they could have done much better on the ending....
    specialprize

Answer by specialprize at 3:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• He was crazy but, at the end he chooses to die over live. Remember how he says something like "would you rather live like a monster or die a good man?" That's his way of letting the psychiatrist know the role playing did work and he didn't regress but he was choosing to die over live being a monster (like he thought he was).
    CallieLynsMommy

Answer by CallieLynsMommy at 11:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2010