Hair falling out? What's going on?

Is it anything that I should be really concerned about and see a doctor?

marina13

Asked by marina13 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• There are many things that can cause this. Stress, rapid weight loss, medications, genetics.
    I started losing mine pretty early, it's really thin to boot.....In my case, it's genetics, there's nothing I can do to stop it. There are treatments, Rogaine does work however use it once and you have to use it for life. So if you're willing to commit to that, then that can work.
    There is a special shampoo that I use, you have to buy it from the salon and it's expensive but so worth it as it has helped my hair alot. It's called Nioxin :)
    Good Luck....I feel you :)
    MamaCharity

Answer by MamaCharity at 12:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My hair started falling out at about 3 months PP and I was EBF. Don't know if its true or not but I heard that your hair doesn't shed as much during pregnancy and then catches up PP. Whatever the case my hair seemed to return to normal.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I had that happen a few years ago and my doctor said it was stress
    mltest23

Answer by mltest23 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My hair thins out when it gets hotter, could that be part of it?
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 12:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If you recently had a baby or stopped breast feeding that can cause it to! I was scared to death after I stopped BF my oldest and my hair started falling out in clumps!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It could also be lack of certain vitamins. biotin worked well for me!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It can be a lot of things. Did you recently have a baby? If so the hormones can cause it. Have you recently lost a lot of weight? That can also cause it. Stress is possible and so is a thyroid disorder. If you have also been feeling sluggish I'd say get into the doctor and have a thyroid panel ran. Feel better!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i had that and it was stress or it could be your low on iron, or thyroid .. they checked everything and it was stress for me but you should go check it out
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 10:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Stress? Diet changes? Those can both cause moderate hair loss. So can a recent weight loss.
    marina22

Answer by marina22 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• one more time
    marina22

Answer by marina22 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2010