Military wives... This is an odd question

Can anyone get in trouble by their superiors for cheating on their spouse?

Friends Divorcee boyfriend is telling everyone theyre not together because his 'so called' ex-wife is saying they're not divorced and the guy doesn't want his superiors to "get him in trouble" sounds like bull to me... Just curious if you ladies would know..

THanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Its against the UCMJ. You can get into trouble for almost anything in the military.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 12:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes, you can. My husband and I got together before my divorce was final--my ex and I had been separated for over 10 years, but he kept sorta dragging his feet. Failing to pick up papers/sign for them, etc and til I met my hubs I had no reason to push. When his superiors found out, he was made VERY uncomfortable and threatened with charges if we didn't prove major effort was being made--and if my ex had put a complaint in, my husband could have gotten in huge trouble.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 12:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes you can. My ex got into trouble for cheating with me, as well as his first wife. Of course, domestic abuse was in issue in both marriages (yep, stupid me) but he was chaptered out for it, the failure to rehabilitate under dom abuse, but the cheating also factored into it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Cheating is wrong and yes they can get into trouble.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• idk.. but i know if an air force member divorces their wives and they have 3 kids.. he'll have to find a place to live! my grandfather did that.. the air force MADE sure he was paying child support and mortage and house taxes for the house my grandmother still loves in.. 44 years later, the house has been paid off, the kids are over 18 so he doesn't have to pay anything anymore. but we're going to see him anyways, he has this disease that causes your hands, arms, whatever limps to shake like you have no control over your nerves
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010