cleaning house

how do you ladies keep your house clean when you have a little one going behind you and messing things up again? my dd is 2 yrs old and half the time i feel so discouraged about cleaning bc i know that by the time i'm done it'll be a mess again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• GATES. No joke, I have gates up everywhere in my house...I feel like i'm living in prison! lol
    I try to keep everything off the level that they can get to, but I'd have to build shelves next to the ceiling! lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Prevention is the best medicine. I try to keep my kids from messing up the house but it never works, I still have to go behind them. It's a crazy cycle.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I start where my son isn't usually or suppose to be such as the bathroom for instance. I can clean that when he's running around without a problem because he knows he's not suppose to be in there. After that I do the kitchen because he can't really do much there. I clean everything except for the floors. Afterwards, I lay him down for a nap, then I finish the kitchen floors and work on the living room. this is what works for me. i would love to have gates like the PP said but my son just takes them down. I also go do our bedroom too if I have time.
    MommaCassE

Answer by MommaCassE at 5:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I blocked off a specific area for them to play in while I got my work done.
    Serenity75

Answer by Serenity75 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010