Does your kid's school have air conditioning?

I live in NJ where it is stifling hot right now. Yet our elementary school only has AC's in some rooms. My son's kindergarten room does not, but my dd's 1st grade room does. Does your school have AC?

ARmom

Asked by ARmom at 12:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm in NJ also and no, we don't have A/C. The library is air conditioned but the classrooms are not. There is a High School and I think one of the Jr. Highs that are in our district though.

I'm ok with it that way, actually. Usually we're not in school during this type of weather. At least not in our district. The one year it hit high temps like this before we got to 1/2 days or summer break, they amended the school day to make them half-days and kept classes rotating in and out of the library at intervals.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My son would not be going to a school with no A/c
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 12:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am in the deep south...they would die of heat strokes if they didn't. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• LOL...we live in south fl...there better be A/C....or I would be looking around for another school :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It's very frustrating because we (as parents) would DONATE AC's - but they won't allow it. Thank God there is only 1 more day of school, and it's a half day. My son's class has been crashing other AC rooms. He wants to go otherwise I'd keep him home too.
    ARmom

Comment by ARmom (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

It seems to be getting hotter and hotter as each school year goes on. Didn't we have a heatwave back in April? I can't remember now. I was in my son's class room today for an hour and I was dying. I feel for those kids. You really don't want to do anything when it's like that. It's a waste of a school day. We should just close up shop and be done.
    ARmom

Comment by ARmom (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My kids did but when I was a kid we didn't and we wore wool jumpers/skirts to school. We just suffered through it.
    High school was the worst. The only rooms with AC were the computer labs, library and auditorium.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes they do thankfully. I know the local high school doesn't though. We go to school year round so the school really could not justify not having a/c.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2010