Chemical pregnancy

Is it possible to have a miscarriage with delayed bleeding? This was about 5 years ago, but I had sex with this guy. The condom broke and we didn't even realize it until we were done. About 2 weeks later I was at school sitting at my desk when I started having these excruciating pains from my back to my front. I couldn't sit, I couldn't stand or walk. All I could do was lay down and even that hurt. I had my father pick me up from school because I could not concentrate on anything. A week later I started bleeding heavier than a normal period with small clots and a few weeks after that I had a normal period. Being 15, I didn't think anything of it then because I knew nothing about miscarriages. This is the first time I have ever brought this up to anyone.

Sara-no-H

Asked by Sara-no-H at 12:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your experience doesn't sound like a miscarriage. A miscarriage two weeks post conception wouldn't feel any different than a missed period, and the only notable difference is that your period could be a day or two late. It sounds more like you had a follicle/cyst on your ovary that didn't ovulate or regress, but burst instead. They can be quite painful, can cause bleeding, and a delayed period.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 1:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I believe so. The baby/fetus/embryo, whatever YOU call it, can die, and not pass right away. The bleeding would occur when your body passes the tissue and fetus.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Its hard to say, but it does sound like it could have been a miscarriage...esp because you mentioned the fact that there was alot of tissue and more blood then usual, and the cramping....
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 24, 2010