I really want to do a VBAC but in terrified!

I had a vaginal birth with my first son four years ago and then a C-section with my second son two years ago. We now live in Germany and they are all about midwives and natural births. Im really thinking about doing the VBAC but im terrified of rupturing! Will the mid wife know if I ruptured and can she get me into surgery in time?? Have you had one? Whats your opinion?

ms_jackson

Asked by ms_jackson at 1:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You're change of rupture are LESS if you VBAC!! the more c-sections you have the more dangerous it is for you. There is a VBAC group here on CM and the ladies there will be able to help you! You CAN have a VBAC!! Check out ICAN.Org =) Good luck!!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I believe I had read (when my sister was researching this decision) that uterine rupture only occured in 1% of VBAC deliveries, so I think it is not that common. I know several woman who have had successful VBAC's. Even last year when we went to our birthing class the instructor was telling us that the only way the hospital would do a C-Section was for medical reasons and they didn't consider a previous C-Section a medical reason unless other factors were involved.
    Good luck!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I've never had one, but fully think that VBAC's are the best option. Check out the ICAN website for tons of info. The chances of rupture are low...far less than the dangers of a repeat section.

She's my favorite example, so please excuse me if you don't like her, but Michelle Duggar has had THIRTEEN VBACS! Pretty impressive, I must say.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2010