HTTP error 500 what is that?

nothing to do with cafemom but i get this error when trying to get on a site on my cell phone... anyone know what it means? its been 2 days now

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you can download another browser like omni onto your phone by going to their website. that's what i had to do.
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 7:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It means that there's an error that occurs when your browser requests access to a page. It's most likely that the page wasn't written with the mobile browser in mind, so there's some type of code on there that prohibits your browser from accessing it.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It's just a generic message meaning the web server couldn't fulfill the request. There's nothing you can do about it. The web server needs to make some fixes to its software.

Pat
    Amigram.com Life’s Happy Announcements
    Amigram

Answer by Amigram at 1:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Its a mobile page for the site that i have been on MANYYYY times it just suddenly started happening.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• They could have made some changes on their end. I usually go to the NYT app on my iphone everyday and just within the last 6 weeks or so I've had problems with it - sometimes I can't get it to open. It happened around the time the ipad came out - not sure if they're related but I do know most developers are constantly making upgrades to their mobile sites because they know that's where the growth is.

Do they have a "contact us" link? Or you could try a google search on the problem (be specific - name the site and the code 500 error) I did that recently with a problem I was having and was relieved to find others were having the same problem and that they were working on it.

Good luck.

Pat
    Amigram.com Life’s Happy Announcements
    Amigram

Answer by Amigram at 1:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2010