If you were invited toy our exs wedding...

would you go? My ex husband invited me to his wedding mainly because he needs me to grab the kids when it's over. (He told me so himself).

NikLvsNick

Asked by NikLvsNick at 1:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I went to my ex's wedding but only b/c my 2 yo was the flower girl and I had to take her...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• nope, i would just stop by when it is done and grab my children. If he told you the only reason he was inviting you was the kids i would think it obvious that he really doesnt want you there and it was only for convenience.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• personally i wouldn't but that's just me. even if we were through i still wouldn't want to see him marry someone else. i think it would be too painful. he should as a family memeber to get the children and then you could pick them up later. JMO
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My 11 year old has autism, and my ex wanted him in his wedding. I actually offered to go so I could keep an eye on C and he could enjoy his day and not worry about him.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Are you on good terms? Do you want to go and wish him well? If not, you can take the kids afterwards if you want to, but your ex can let you know when to come and get them. It doesn't mean you have to go to the whole thing. .
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't go. But if you feel comfortable going then I say go for it, if not then just drop by to pick up the kids afterwards or see if a family member could bring them to you.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 1:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If he told you that's the only reason I would say no. You are just as capable of arriving there on time to pick them up. It seems a little rude to extend the invitation with a qualifier so I'm guessing from that info that you two are not close enough for you to have a true desire to support him or a desire from him to have you there so you're probably better off not going.
    WildatHeart918

Answer by WildatHeart918 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i wouldnt thats just akward
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 1:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It depends on the relationship between the two of you. IF you are considered friends and your current S/O as well as his fiancee doesn't mind, then I see no problem with going.

But, If he just needs you there so you can get the kids, then I would show up after the wedding was over and pick up the kids.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 1:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would not go. I would just pick up the kids at a set time. I would think it would be wierd for everyone involved..
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010