Does your SO go grocery shopping?

OK, so he tells me that he invited a couple of friends over and he wants to cook some steaks on the grill. That's not a problem. We meet at the grocery store and he says that he wants to get some good steaks. Then, he starts looking at the prices of the meat. LOL
He keeps grabbing the Bottom Round Steak and I keep telling him that he really doesn't want a round steak to put on the grill, not if he wants a good steak. I just had to tell him that this is why I do the grocery shopping for the family. It was just too cute. He was really kind of freaking out on the prices of some things.

jucyfrut

Asked by jucyfrut at 1:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my DH isnt allowed to do the grocery shopping. he likes to go up and down every aisle as he thinks of what he wants and it takes FOREVER. plus, he doesnt look at prices, just grabs what he thinks he wants. we are on a tight budget and his "buy what-ever sounds good" attitude does NOT work. so he's banned from the store unless im with him haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My husband has been doing 90% of the grocery shopping for the last 3 years because I refuse to drive his truck (long story) so he either comes with me because he's driving or he stops on his way home from work.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Mine would have a heart attack if he ever went to the store!

Answer by older at 1:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't allow dh to shop omg we'd end up w a bunch of food that can't possibly make a meal. He's the worst shopper in the world.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• That would be a negative. I know if I sent him he would call me 500 times asking me what something looks like or where in the store it's at haha. Then eventually he would get frustrated and just come home with beer!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 1:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• yeah he goes with me,... and wonders around grabbing whatever.. irritates me because im a bargain grocery shopper lol... i pride myself in it!

Just last night we went... i didnt let hi mgrab anything without making sure h eknew the price.. and i wrote everything down..

i spent like 91 dollars and with the number of items i bought it broke down to .87cents an ITEM!!

hellll yeah :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• my hubby is like a child so I try to schedule my grocery stops with him or the kids,lol
    stacy1403

Answer by stacy1403 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• hahaha yeah mine does shop...... but i send him with a list .....and he still forgets half of it. how do u forget things when u have a list ? bahahha
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 1:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My SO doesn't like when I go alone, I always buy random stuff we don't need. He usually makes me a list and says not to come home with something thats not on it, lol.
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 1:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My husband does the grocery shopping. He's actually better at it than I am so I let him do it. He loves going first thing Saturday morning on his own.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010