engagement ring broke? what do you think?

the ring my fiancee got me about a year and a half ago broke... the big diamond part... and we agreed that we would get a new one from a more reliable place... which i chose... we chose a new ring but would have to make payments and get enough money for a down payment... i wouldnt get the ring until next year after taxes any way... we were thinking of just waiting til taxes and buy it out right then i would get it right away... what do you think of this idea... i would likely get it earlier that way and it would be less stressful on both of us

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am the type of person that doesn't finance anything. So until you can buy it out right.... I would wait. Save up until then.

Good luck!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 1:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think that your idea to wait makes sense.

Answer by Bmat at 1:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Did you loss the diamond in the other ring? I had the diamond fall out of the solitaire (engagement ring) part of my wedding ring. Luckily I was able to find the diamond. I took it to a local jeweler who was able to put the diamond back in, fix the broken prong, and add two more prongs for extra protection. It only cost me about $75.

If you can't find the diamond, and want to get the other ring, I say wait until you have the money. I know it sucks, but why make payments on something you really can't afford in the first place. KWIM?
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Do you mean the head prongs broke around your center diamond? Why dont you just use that diamond and put it into a new setting? Or is it just little diamonds all together? Any mount can break, it doesnt matter where you buy it from. I get mine checked about twice a year to make sure nothing is loose and it's still in good shape.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would wait till after taxes and just wear one of your favorite rings on your left hand until then.
    CarolBeazeman

Answer by CarolBeazeman at 1:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think that I would wait until I had all of the money to outright buy the ring too. This way, you won't have to be overwhelmed by the debt if something were to happen with either one of your jobs.
    sarah_smile

Answer by sarah_smile at 9:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010