Do you use the same rag to wash dishes as you do to wipe down the counters and tables?

my mom does that and it drives me nuts lol just thinking about all the grimey things on the counter and table and then washing the dishes with it! but i have recently made myself start doing that (in order not to use up my paper towels) and to desensitize myself to the icky feeling i get when i wash the dishes with it lol!

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah but it's no biggy if you wash the dishes first. In my opinion, anyway! I'm all about reusing as much as possible without getting gross. LOL!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 1:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• no way! lol that's gross!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Same rag for the dishes, counter tops and table---yes. You are wiping up food off of the table and counter tops, and you are washing food off of the plates. But....never for the floor!!
    Just like the hand towels in the kitchen are not to be used for wiping off their faces. That's why we have paper towels and napkins.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 1:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• no!!! I use a separate one for each thing. One for hte counters, one for the dishes, one for the table, etc etc!!!!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 1:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• LOL! I wash my dishes with a scrub brush, then wipe the counter with a rag. I like to keep my hands as far away from the dishes as possible! :)
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 1:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i don't wash dishes. EVERYTHING goes in the dishwasher...and i use paper towels to wipes down the counters because i think sponges are gross.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• No, I let my dishes air dry... no rag needed and I use papertowels on the counters...
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 1:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I wash the countertops with the same cloth that I use for the dishes. To me it is no different than washing a dish, wash the countertop. There is nothing more gross on the countertops than there is on the dishes. There are germs on the counter, and germs on the dishes. I wash the countertops with the soapy water as soon as I have finished the dishes, and then I rinse the countertops, same as I do the dishes.

Answer by Bmat at 1:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have a separate sponge for my dishes and counter tops. I just don't like the idea of the bacteria found on the counter tops being used on my dishes. I will catch my husband using the dish sponge to clean the counters and it drives me crazy.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i use a sponge for dishes, but most of them go in the dishwasher. For the counters i use a different sponge that got "demoted" from the sink! lol
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010