Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

what is the procedure if you want to change your childs last name? the father did not sign the birth certificate.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • I think it means filing court documents and legally changing the child's name. It will cost you.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • HOw do you want to change it? The baby's last name should be your maiden name right? Are you wanting your child to have your husband's last name? Your husband would have to adopt the child and the parental rights of BF would have to be terminated, talk to an attorney. Are you wanting the child to have the father's last name? Talk to an attorney.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 1:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • go see an attorney, there is a ton of legalc stuff you need to do

    Answer by kjbennett26 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • Contact your local court office to find out.

    Answer by Happypancake at 2:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.