My DD is getting so many bug bites!

I don't know what to do, she is covered in bites! We had the house treated, just in case and my SO and I aren't getting any bites. Is there anything I can use to repel the bugs from her skin? Like a daily lotion?

allfiller

Asked by allfiller at 1:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Health

• Wash the sheats, wash her clothes, wash her carpet. It's most likely something in her room. Take down any cobwebs. Seal up any loose seals on the windows, cracks in the walls or ceilings. If she has any access to an attic in her room, seal that up as well. Or put a better closure on it.

Give her a bath before bed after her room is completely cleaned out.

If she's getting them from outside then use child safe bug spray.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• if it's bed bugs then a bath and a strong scented lotion before bed will help.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We've treated her room and i've been using bed bug and flea spray daily. We don't have any pets. Pretty sure its from the yard...
    allfiller

Comment by allfiller (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• California Baby makes a "Citronella Summer Lotion" which is great for everyday protection. It's all natural, good for their skin, and smells really nice (if you like lemony scents). We use that every morning for a little all day help. Then, when we're going outside (and our yard is like mosquito central) we use the California Baby Bug Spray, which works really well too. Her babysitter forgot to put bug spray on her one day two weeks ago and she got 15 huge bites in just under 10 minutes. She's used it religiously since and no more bites!
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 2:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• tryskin so soft from avon.we had the same issue with out baby girl.we give her a bath in it,and once she is out of the abth an completely dry i rub it on her again
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2010