Since they didn't do it yet...

How do you feel about them dividing the Religion & Beliefs section up into subcategories? Discussion so far has been one for "general" a few for some of the larger specific religions, and then the rest go in "other". Nothing is set in stone yet but it sounds like they are going to do it eventually, and are still asking for feedback in the Answers Group.

Most of the discussion has been in this question:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/110866/forums/read/11668935/subcategories_things_Id_like_to_see

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Would the sub groups help someone looking for a specific answer or question? If so, do it. I don't see a problem with it.
    jas_momof2

Answer by jas_momof2 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Personally I see no reason for it. But I see how a split between Religion and Science and possibly Culture could be useful. But I would hate to see them try to split it up in to sections for different religious groups...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It doesn't bother me. I don't think it would matter...
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Oh, I hadn't realized that was an option. I don't care for it. I think it will discourage debate across the different religions because most people will gravitate towards their own belief's folder. I dunno...JMO.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 2:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

Most of the discussion has focused on cutting down on the fighting. At one point, according to the CM admin, they were seriously considering deleting the entire section.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'm not sure I like the idea - I don't see a whole lot of religion specific questions anyway, so if they do I hope they at least leave a general category...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I hope they don't delete the entire section, if this will prevent that, then sounds like the best option.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't think it would matter either way. Maybe shake things up in here a bit. LOL.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 2:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't mind either way at this point, I guess we will have to see later how it's working out.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I'm looking forward to it.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2010