what do you do that your mom did, but never thought you would ever do until you became a mom

i find myself saying....

because i said so thats why
or
wait until your father gets home

man i hated that when i was young

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 2:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I understand now why she had such a hard time remembering things. 4 kids will do that too you. I only have 1 now, but i'm pregnant again, and I'm losing brain power daily :)
    LBD3910

Answer by LBD3910 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• leave your sister alone or else! Wait till your dad gets home your gonna get it!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 2:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yeah, I also say "because I said so, that's why" I hated that as a kid, and I cringe when I say it now. Sometimes it just comes out though!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Having my kids clean as much as they do, BUT I also realize that is not such a bad habit to have! :) My boys are responsible for their own messes, vacuuming and laundry (as in getting it from the bathroom and their room to the laundry room) and then putting their clothes away.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 2:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I used to say to my mom that when I have kids I'm never going to force them to eat.. But my 5yo is a REALLY bad eater so anytime she willingly eats anything, even chocolate, I'm happy! So that's the one thing I do and I never thought I did. Forcing her to eat. And I'm sure we all use the "because I said so" phrase!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 2:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Make him try things he says he doesn't like. We don't make him keep trying them over and over, but he has to try things at least once.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You know, I'm sure there are many things I do that my mom did. I like my house neat. It isn't always "clean", but with it being neat - clean is not hard to achieve. I like to plan events so that there isn't the stress of being rushed. But, with my kids, there are so many differences. I say "please" and "thank you". I apologize when I realize; I made a mistake; I don't expect my children to be my maids, so we clean together; and I don't take out my frustrations on them when things are stressful. My mom wasn't "mommy dearest", but she wasn't warm and fuzzy either.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't like raising my voice as much as I do. I always said my mom was so mean for all the yelling but now I do it... =(
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• yelling. My mom is a yeller- not that she is yelling at you like fussing at you- but she will be in one room and instead of going down the hall or walking up the stairs, she will just yell for you at the top of her lungs. drove me crazy as a kid. Now that I have a house full and live in a 2 story house I find myself doing the same thing alot.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 2:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• yelling.. to tell my son to get out of the toilet.. i never thought i'ld say NOT IN THE TOILET! IT'S NOT SANITARY! to a person.. i've always said it to the dog!
    and worst of all.. you poopie! you poopie!! lol it makes my son laugh when he poops and i say that in the middle of changing his diapers
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010