I'm pregnant with twins and really want to avoid having a c-section. Did anyone else deliver twins vaginally?

I didn't have a csection with my first pregnancy, and I'm concerned about the recovery time if I have one this time. I will have 3 kids under 3 years. I don't want to tell my son Mommy can't pick him up.

LBD3910

Asked by LBD3910 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No but i know 2 people who have go for it you can do it!!
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 2:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My SIL did!! She had a natural delivery with her twins.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I know exactly how you feel! My twins just turned a month old on the 17th and I was scared to death that I would have to have a c-section with them. This was my 3rd pregnancy and my first 2 were delivered vaginally so I was really hoping for a vaginal delivery with the twins and that is what happened. They were both head down and everything went very smoothly. They had to use the forceps for Baby B 'cause after Baby A was delivered, B didn't wanna come down into the birth canal. But other than that, everything went perfectly! And if your doctors are negative or try to scare you into a c-section, don't listen to them -- my doctor kept telling me that I would probably have to have a c-section and that only 25% of twins are delivered vaginally (which I don't believe) and so on and so on.... but did I have a c-section? No. Everything was just fine.... so try not to worry to much 'cause you just never know!
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My sister in law had a vaginal delivery with her twins. Baby A was vertex (head-down), and baby B was transverse. Her doctor told her baby B could turn either way after baby A was delivered and she might end up having to have a c-section for baby B. I know some doctors will deliver the second baby breech, but she was very lucky that baby B turned to vertex as soon as her sister was out of the way.

I had hoped to avoid a c-section with my twins, but they were both breech. I'd had a natural delivery with my singleton, and even the thought of having anything stuck into my back really freaked me out. By the last week before my twins were born I had come to terms with it, and I really just wanted the pregnancy part to be over. I can say, the c-section and recovery weren't as bad as I had imagined, and my babies were super healthy and ready to come home with me.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I did.. My twins were my first pregnancy and like you I was scared about the possibility of a c-section, i think i questioned my dr at every appointment what my chances were!! Im sure I got annoying.. Anyway, one of my girls was head down but the other was head up so that of course had me even more freaked out! Turned out that the morning I went into labor with them and they did the u/s in the hospital to see what the verdict would be both of the girls were head down!! We were able to have a vaginal delivery with the help of the vacuum because my baby b's heart rate dropped after the first was born.. So just because of it being twins doesnt mean c-section, its just a panic we all have im sure!! I know I have it with every kid I have!! (I also had 3 under 3yrs, my twins were 2 when my son was born) Good luck!
    mommyto3rugrats

Answer by mommyto3rugrats at 3:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i havent been through this before, but i have heard of many women having twins without a c-section.i pray you get the birth you want
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Ive never had twins... But if you want a vaginal twin birth --- Get a DR that has delivered twins before or that believes its possible... Alot of Drs dont want to take the "risk" and would rather give you a csection, even giving birth to 1 child now days will can result in a quick c-section for any little thing...

So please... Talk to your Doctor.. Dont let him BS you or be slick... Let him know you are serious & this is YOUR birth, YOUR Body! You & your body run the show--- not him ;) ......
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• my aunt had her twins natrual.
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2010