Can asking questions NOT be a part of this game?

Seriously? I thought this area was like a "help desk" for mothers. I like the game concept, but limiting asking questions, or even answering is detrimental to what this area is about, don't you think?

jas_momof2

Asked by jas_momof2 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• You can still ask and answer the questions, you just won't get credit for them at a certain point.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It doesnt limit you can still ask or answer you just dont get points after a certain amount
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 2:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• well had you seen the large pink box for a week now, you would have seen this isnt a "game", but a new way to do it.
    unfortunantly too many moms were rude with their anon answers, so this is the result. It is not a game, its juts something new. go with the flow. lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I hate the new forum section :(
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 2:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• This is just a positive way to organize Answers and get people into it. It seems like a complicated game, but I think the end result will be a lot less chaos - and the ability to "earn" the right for anon answering might deter a lot of the rudeness and trolling.
    lawliet

Answer by lawliet at 2:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I like not having anons but i hate the credit thing. I think some mom are just posting/bumping to get credits and thats dumn. This is supposed to be as OP said a "help desk" not a "how old are you" kind of thing
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Really? A friend of mine said she was not able to ask a question as she reached her "limit"... hmm.......... interesting.....
    jas_momof2

Comment by jas_momof2 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You aren't limited in the number of questions you can ask. Ask as many as you like. You are just limited in the number of credits you can earn from asking questions.
    Cafe Meg

Answer by Cafe Meg at 2:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Earlier I clicked on a question & couldnt answer it.. I think maybe the "best answer" had already been chosen or something. Maybe that is what your friend ran into.. There is no limits on q & a's ... just on points per day.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It 's not supposed to be a game. The ranking, bumping , voting, etc is supposed to be a way to bring the best answers and questions up so more people see them and answer them. I think TPTB may have underestimated how competitive the human race is though.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2010