How many of you watched Shutter Island? i think i may need to watch it again!!

i didnt really start paying it any attention until like 30 minutes in and now me and my SO are having a discussion about if he was really crazy or not, and i cant remember the beginning! im sure i missed some clues, he said that leo came in on the ferry, but did i miss anything else? do you think he was crazy or just playing along?

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Entertainment

• oh man! We just seen it about 4 days ago and hubby and I had the same discussion, I think your DH is right he did come in a ferry but at the end the head person whispered something to the guards and it looked like they were taking him to the lighthouse to cut into his brain like Leo thought all along which leads me to believe that Leo was right and he was not crazy! Hubby thinks Leo was crazy.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I want to know. The movie kind of leaves it up to the viewer to decide if he was crazy or not.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I read the book, and it was amazing! I didn't even realize there was a movie out, I need to see it. Do you really want to know if he was crazy? :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I thing it was to hard for him to deal with the truth and I do think that he made himself believe he was there as a detective investigating a missing person. The doctor tried to help him one last time so that they wouldn't kill him...but at the end he decided that it was better to die as good man or something than to live as a monster. Meaning at the end of the movie he realized what he had done and why he was there but would rather die as a detective good guy then live as a monster for killing his wife who killed their children. Whoooooo! hope you got that lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i dont think he was crazy, i do think that he had pretty severe ptsd though.
    RosePetalTears

Answer by RosePetalTears at 2:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• The good man/monster comment could have been interpided either way. He may have referred to himself as dying as a good man and the doctor living life as a monster. Who knows?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i don't know, but i know tat was a really good movie. gotta say i didn't see it coming lol
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 3:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I saw it and loved it! I took the ending to mean that he knew what he did but didn't want to live with it. Or couldn't live with it. So by making them think he was still crazy, he wouldn't have to live as a monster anymore. Or something like that! I love Leo.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Really good movie, suprise ending, definetly worth watching.
    kitty068

Answer by kitty068 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010