Ugh.

I hate when people say that my SO is a bad father because he and I aren't currently living together, and he can't see our son as often as he 'd like because he works 40 hrs. a week to maintain child support and health insurance for son (we are working on our relationship after we broke up)...were dating once before, got engaged before we were ready, moved in together at our parents' suggestion, and fell apart. Took a break, got back together, and are working on a new, healthy relationship. Occasionally we like to go out on dates alone (either of our moms will watch him for a few hrs while we go out to dinner, etc), and when I posted a question on here asking if it was rude if I told my SO I couldn't go out yesterday because my parents were out of town, and I was watching my son alone, someone called my SO a bad father! I hate it! How can I get people to stop being so judgmental?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Simply because here you are only giving a "summary" of your situation, none of us really know why people do what they do or the entire story, I don't feel that anyone here has a right to judge others for what they do, state your opinion yes but not judge people and tell them what they are doing is right from or wrong, we all come from different paths in life and experiences.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You dont need anyones approval or understanding in your relationship if you get so upset talk to someone who is understanding not judgemental!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 2:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Ignore them.

Answer by louise2 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• As a PP said people don't have your whole story so they are pretty much making thier own assumptions based on the little info you are giving. Maybe who ever said that had a bad experience with a missing father or SO and was putting thier own emotions into your situation. We are all a little Judgemental sometimes. If you don't like someones opinion ignore them or if you must defend your situation then explain to them in a non rude and judgemental way why they are wrong.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Truthfully doesn't matter what others opinions are you know him and how he treats you and your son follow your instincts
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 3:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Ppl are going to have their opinion. They are not living your life so why care?
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 3:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2010