My husband and I are thinking of buying a GPS...

but we don't know much about them. We won't be using it a whole lot so we don't want anything with all the bells and whistles. What is a good "basic" model and how much does it cost?

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 2:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think a TomTom @ walmart is around $100 check online goodluck!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 2:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Ours cost about $150 it is a Garmin.
    trish_27

Answer by trish_27 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• the basic garmin is awesome
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I got 3 Tom Tom's from Overstock.com. One for my husband and two for both of my older sons. We love them. They were $500 units for about $150.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I bought a Garmin for around $200. I love it SO much!! I use it all the time. I never print directions from Mapquest anymore. It is so much better.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My husband and I each have a Garmin Nuvi, and we love them. I have heard that the brand you buy will work differently depending on where you are at, because each brand has different satellites or something. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but here in Southern Nevada, the Tom Tom doesn't find streets at all, while the Garmin does great. One feature I really like about the Nuvi is the routing. You can put in several addresses (I don't know if there is a limit. My husband put in 62 work orders last week and it took all of them) and you can make the Nuvi reorder them into the shortest route. We use that feature all the time.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2010