Why am I so wired and hyper? Serious, real question.

I spent the last 2-3 weeks in some kind of funk, I was just sad, pissed, tired.
Well, last night I was sitting watching tv and out of nowhere, it was like, I was wide awake. I cleaned for 4 hours, doing crap I usually don't do (windows, behind furniture, rearranging our 300+ books alphabetically by author, putting the series together,). This morning, I woke up after 2 1/2 hours of sleep, wide awake, and ready to do more. I've been running around like the friggen energizer bunny all morning, typing super fast, dancing w/the music. I've never been like this before. I'm not on anything, not taking any new meds, no extra caffeine, I've never touched a drug in my life, so I'm NOT high. What the hell can cause me to be so sad and pissy for a few weeks then so wired and just HAPPY and hyper in a flash?

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Health

• Honey, it sounds like classic manic/depression. Has this happened before?
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 2:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yep, sounds like bipolar II, which is milder than BP I, but can still interfere w/your life. Talk to your doctor.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Sounds a bit like Manic Depression or bipolar disorder.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• could be anxiety. I get that way too when I'm suddenly anxious and don't know why it happens it just does. I really wish it would happen weekly though then more would get done,lol
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I have always had problems with depression. Sometimes, I would just sort of snap out of it and be "normal", but this is like the 3rd or 4th time that I've snapped out of it like a switch was thrown and felt like the energizer bunny on crack.
    It just seems so silly to pay 50 bucks to go to the doctor and say "hey, I'm a little hyper, what's wrong with me?", know what I mean?
    Kiwismommy19

Comment by Kiwismommy19 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2010